Unfortunately no matter what time of year it is there’s always a possibility of accidental car dents. Parking a little too close to the kid’s game can leave an unattractive baseball shaped depression. Errant grocery carts change a smooth door into a door with a depressing indentation. Mother nature sprinkling your car with hail leaving unsightly dimples, one of the quickest and easiest ways to get rid of these dents, dings and dimples is paintless dent removal.
Paintless dent removal may seem too good to be true, but there’s actually a secret to it. This secret is the car’s metal memory. Both steel and aluminum have the desire to return to their original shape. Trained technicians, using a plethora of special tools, can push the metal from inside the car panel to the return the dent to its original shape.
Paintless Dent Removal Advantages
- Original equipment parts remain in place including hinges, factory welds and seals, all areas where rust and corrosion can create problems.
- Paintless dent removal services do not involve any chemicals, solvents, welding, or excessive heat. This makes it a “green” repair process.
- Paint matching, clear coats, and faded finishes are not an issue.
- Costs to perform a paintless dent removal are considerably less than traditional fill and paint techniques.
- The paint is not “broken.” Paintless dent removal services maintain the continuity of the factory-applied finish, assuring the best long-lasting results for dent removal.
- Fixing dents without bodywork maintains your used car value.
Most car dealers and automotive repair shops offer paintless dent removal. Get a quote from the trained technician performing the repair before agreeing to the service. Not all dents are created equally. A simple single dent in a door panel could cost as little as $75 to remove. Significant hail damage on the hood, roof, and trunk lid could cost $1,200 or more. However, this cost is still significantly less than a general body shop would need to charge to fix the same damage.
Unfortunately not all dents can be repaired with paintless dent removal. If the metal is creased or near the edge of a panel, the technician cannot get a clean repair. The dented area cannot have been previously painted or repaired. The size and depth of the dent can also be an issue. Metal has a memory, but if it is stretched beyond certain limits it cannot rebound completely.
If you find yourself in need of a trained technician that specializes in paintless dent removal, contact Waxwerks in Indianapolis. We pride ourselves in the excellent work and even better customer service we provide in Castleton at 82nd & Bash Street. For professional car detailing, dent removal, glass repair, car stereo installation or window tinting give us a call at 317-577-9700.