Every year the Consumer Electronics Show goes on in Las Vegas where they display the best car electronics of that year. These products range in price and functions from expensive head units to free smartphone apps. We have complied a list of what we believe are the top 5 best car electronics in 2012.
- The Escort Live Radar Detection: This is the most modern radar detector on the market right now. It combines a smartphone app with a Bluetooth-enabled Live cord that connects to a radar detector and Cloud-connects you to all other live users. Whenever you detect radar or a laser, the system posts it on the app’s GPS map on other users’ phones. As you and other users confirm the speed trap or flag it as a false alarm, the system becomes more accurate.
- Alpine INE-Z928HD Navigation Head Unit: It has an 8-inch screen, but fits in the factory double-DIN space that’s found in most cars. That’s achieved through Alpine’s vehicle-specific Perfect F.I.T. (Factory Integration Technology) installation kits, available for 10 vehicles from Ford, GM, Toyota and Volkswagen.
- TomTom Go Live GPS Navigation: This is the most up-to-date GPS system in the world. It gives you turn-by-turn navigation and is perfect for those who haven’t given in to the social pressure of buying a smartphone. It has helpful GPS features, such as lane guidance and TomTom’s exclusive IQ Routes that uses actual road speeds to determine arrival times.
- Rockford Fosgate Low-Current Amplifiers: This is the perfect system for those concerned with power consumption. Rockford Fosgate responds to consumer’s power-consumption worries with two new low-current power amplifiers, The PBR300X2 is a two-channel, 200-watt stereo amplifier, while the PBR500X1 is a single-channel, 500-watt model designed to power subwoofers. Both use power supplies that reduce current draw on the car’s battery.
- iOnRoad Smartphone App Upgrades: This is a smartphone app that uses the phone’s native camera and sensors to detect vehicles in front and alert the driver. No other hardware is required. The app can also read text messages aloud, and you can take a picture of a road hazard and automatically upload it to Facebook to alert others.
Car electronics is an ever-changing market that Waxwerks is always ahead of. We have the most up-to-date auto technology as well as professionals that can repair and install yours for you. Waxwerks has proudly served the Indianapolis area for over 20 years. For professional car electronics, car detailing, dent removal, glass repair and window tinting call us at 317-577-9700.
Comments are closed.