In this economy, selling a car can be a difficult and daunting task. Many car owners aren’t receiving the dollar amount they’d like when it comes time to sell their car. Even though cars do lose some value over time, there are ways to maintain it. Investing the time, energy and a little money will keep your ride in prime condition, so that when it comes time to determine the car’s value, it doesn’t become a guessing game.
Here are five ways to get the most money for your car when it’s time to sell:
- Keep a vehicle maintenance log: By keeping a record of your auto repair and car detailing schedule, you can show the next buyer that they’re getting a well-maintained vehicle.
- Check your car for dents and dings: Once you take your car out of the garage and drive it, chances are, someone is eventually going to bump into it. Walk around your vehicle and look for dings, dents, and/or scratches on a regular basis. Simple dings can be popped out fairly inexpensively with paintless dent removal.
- Don’t eat or drink in your car: Yes, this can be difficult, and having a coffee while you’re out running errands doesn’t seem like a big deal. However, by resisting eating or having sticky drinks in your car, you will maintain the life of your vehicle’s interior, and impress the next buyer when you decide to sell.
- Perform regularly scheduled maintenance: Whether you buy a new or used car, you want to keep it running smoothly. Regular maintenance as suggested by the manufacturer is a good idea. Regularly scheduled maintenance includes tire rotation, oil and filter change, and regular fluid level checks.
- Keep your car clean inside and out: Making sure your car’s interior and exterior are kept in tiptop shape is necessary in maintaining your car’s value. Regular car detailing keeps your interior in pristine condition. This is something that can be done at home, or done inexpensively by a professional. If you choose to use a car wash for the exterior, make sure you choose a brushless car wash.
Invest the time, energy, and money into your car now, and it will pay off when you’re trying to sell it. For auto maintenance like car detailing and paintless dent removal, contact Waxwerks in Indianapolis. Waxwerks offers car detailing packages starting at just $79 to help you maintain your car’s value. Contact us today by calling 317-577-9700.